Added yarn to project, what do i do with the tails?

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Dec 2, 2013 10:03 PM

Hi everyone,

So I started a new scarf project. Im using Lion brand hometown USA yarn, #6 Super bulky and am using a 10mm crochet hook. Everything is going along nicely until I have to add in my second skein of yarn (SAME COLOR). I watched a few tutorial videos and read an article about how to add the yarn in the right way, and I seem to have understood that part.

My question is this: Do I have to weave/crochet/hide those tails in now, or do I wait until i've compelted the scarf? I tried using the tails as I crocheted like I've seen in the videos, but it just seems too chunky. This is the first time I've worked with super bulky yarn so any help would be greatly appreciated. So do I wait to weave the tails in, or do it now? My project will be on hold until I find out, so hopefully its soon! Big Smile

Thanks, BlueWater1990

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
shertasha wrote
on Dec 4, 2013 4:25 PM

I think it's a personal preference.  I tend to wait.  If I'm changing colors and can't carry my yarn, I tend to do those as I go.

Sherrie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
Tarilyn wrote
on Jan 2, 2014 10:52 PM

When I crochet I work my ends in as I work. I don't seem to have a problem with it being too bulky, not any more than it would be if you weave them in at the end. It just saves me the trouble of having to go back and do everyone of them. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS