Trying to understand this pattern

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
mommajolynn wrote
on Mar 20, 2014 9:01 PM

I picked up this crochet book at the store today because I want to make my baby girl (currently pregnant) a blanket and I found this very cute pattern called a rectangular filet. Its a relatively easy patter up until the 2nd rnd. I'm going to type out the first 2 paragraphs of instructions and if someone could explain them to me that'd be amazing.

Start: Ch 14 (Easy enough)

Rnd 1 (Right Side): Sc in second ch from hood and in next 11 chs, 3 sc in last ch; working in free loops of beg ch, sc in next 11 chs, 2 sc in next ch; join with slp st to first sc: 28 sc

Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in same st as joining and in next 11 sc, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next sc, sc in next sc, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next sc, sc in next 11 sc, (sc, ch 3, sc) in nx sc, sc in next sx and in same st as first sc, ch 3; join with slip st to first sc: 32 sc and 4 ch-3 sps.

As I was typing this out I think I figured it out. But if someone could confirm that'd be awesome. for Rnd 2 and so forth I am supposed to sc in 11 stitches, then in the 12th stitch I do the ch, sc in the next stitch, then ch, then the next 11 are all singles again with a chain at the end before I reach the joining st. I think I was reading it as chs all the way through but now I'm thinking this is how it should be. Input would be lovely!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
sskeller wrote
on Mar 21, 2014 1:33 PM

I think for rnd 2 you are doing an increase in the 12th st.  In that 12th stitch you do : sc, then ch1, then sc all in the 12th stitch. then a sc in next ,  then another increase  in the next stitch.. sc, ch. 1 sc

the sc, ch. 1, sc  are increases   then crochet to the next increases.

This pattern is going around in an oval shape with increases at each end of the oval.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS