"Sassy Shells" stitch Clarification HELP!

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
hewkasey wrote
on May 4, 2014 12:53 AM

I just bought 100 Quick and Easy Crochet Stitches, and I'm struggling with #81 "Sassy Shells"  It says *sk next 2 chs, dc in next ch** sk next 3 ch, dc in next ch, ch1 dc in first sk ch of last 3-sk chs, rep from *    so, do I only repeat the * or the ** part?   Also, when it says to double crochet in the first skipped chain of the last 3-sk chain--does that mean I am going backwards and working in stitches I already did?   I've never done a pattern that has me go forward then backwards then forward again, so I'm confused.   Any help/ interpretation of this will be greatly appreciated!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,323
Toni Rexroat wrote
on May 5, 2014 2:04 PM

I can't necessarily speak to this specific pattern, but in most patterns you will repeat from * to (rep from *). Generally the end of the row or another section of the pattern will tell you either to rep from * to ** or it will tell you to end the last rep at **.

It does sound like you are going to be crocheting "backward." Don't turn your work, just insert your hook in front of the worked stitches and into the indicated chain.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS