Help to understand pattern

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
actress wrote
on May 25, 2014 5:47 PM

Hi everyone out there.

I'm not sure what my pattern's asking me to do, so help would be much appreciated. 

I just finished my row and ended with 12 stitches. The next row says: [Dc in 2, (2dc, tr, 2dc) in next)] 4x

(28)

Isn't Dc in 2 and 2dc the same? - should I do 2 double crochet in 1 stitch? - cause, that's kind of the only way I can make it to make sense to me. Or else I can't get it to match the 12 stitches.

I hope one of you can help me.

Thank you very much!

Sara. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 518
Char55 wrote
on May 25, 2014 7:19 PM

I think I know what they mean, but I don't know where they come up with the (28) at the end...if that's supposed to be the number of stitches you come up with. The way I thought they were telling you, I come up with a total of 24 stitches. Are there any other instructions for that row besides what you posted? Are you sure 12 stitches was the number you were supposed to have in the first row? Is the pattern one that is on line that I could look at to better understand?

This is what I understood the directions to say:

Double crochet in each of 2 stitches, work (2dc, tr, 2dc) in next stitch and repeat those directions (the ones I have underlined) for a total of 4 times. This would cover all 12 of your stitches and give you a total of 24 stitches at the end of the row. 

However, if you have a turning chain at the beginning, that usually counts as your first double crochet, and doing 2 crochets after it would make you run out of stitches before finishing the instructions for the row. Let me know if the instructions above help.

If you still have questions email me at cat-ghans@sbcglobal.net

Not Ranked
Posts 5
actress wrote
on May 26, 2014 11:34 PM

Thank you for your reply! I got in contact with the designer of the pattern and it's dc in 2 stitches and then 2dc, tr AND 2dc in ONE stitch! So it all adds up beatifully. :) 

I didn't know you could do diffrent crocheting in one stitch xD but now where I understand the language, it's so much easier and faster to make the project. :) 

but it thanks again. I appreciate it. :)

Sara.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
actress wrote
on May 26, 2014 11:38 PM

Oh, I see you said the same. So sorry! Yes you where right!! :) - 2 dc + 2 dc + 1 tr + 2 dc = 7 - 7*4 = 28 :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 518
Char55 wrote
on May 27, 2014 9:26 AM

That's okay...apparently I was asleep when I counted because I only counted the double crochet and forget the 4 treble crochet...that's why I only got 24 instead of 28! Wink  Glad we got it figured out!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS