New to Crochetme . . . Could Really Use Help from the Experts . . .

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jul 20, 2014 11:17 AM

I've been crocheting since I was in elementary school.  However, this particular pattern has me really stumped.  I can't tell if it is some type of lace work done in strips and then joined together by using the 'round-off' type of stitch like when finishing off pot holders.  This blanket belonged to my brother-in-law's Mother, who just recently passed away.  My sister wants to make a duplicate of it for her husband before they pass it on to his sister for her to keep.  Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated!  I tried to paste in a photo of it, however, could not.  Is there any way to send a photo for you guys to look at?

I'm looking forward to learning & using the more advanced and interesting stitches in crochet.

Thanks so much,

Jennie Collingsworth

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
librachild wrote
on Jul 20, 2014 11:59 AM

Hope this helps. Have you tried to scan the photo onto your computer and then adding it as an attachment to your request to Crochet Me?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 532
Char55 wrote
on Jul 20, 2014 2:07 PM

Jennie,

If the picture is saved on your computer, click on the film strip icon in the toolbar and insert the photo into your message.  If that doesn't work for you, email the photo to me at cat-ghans@sbcglobal.net and I'll see if I can figure it out for you.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jul 20, 2014 3:02 PM

I appreciate the quick responses that I have received!!!  You all are so wonderful to try and help us with this.  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 532
Char55 wrote
on Jul 21, 2014 11:32 AM

It appears to be haipin lace, done in strips with loops interwoven to joing the strips.

See this page: http://weefolkart.com/content/hairpin-lace-part-4-4-finishing-your-project

You will see that the joining technique makes the braided loops in your afghan.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS