What Crochet Gifts Do You Prefer Receiving?

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Kendra101 wrote
on Aug 5, 2014 12:01 AM

I want to know what types of crocheted gifts do you guys prefer to receive the most? Or, if you're someone who's been giving crocheted gifts for a long time, which ones do your recipients love and use the most? Or, if any of you sell your products, what types have been your most popular sales?

I'm curious because I plan to crochet a few items to giveaway (and to get a review from someone who blogs and loves crocheted gifts), so I figured this would be the best place to ask the question. I know some of you folks here are veteran crocheters and have been crocheting and gifting your products for years. I figure you guys would know best what types of crocheted products are typically most loved.

Is it blankets? Scarves? Beanies? Other accessories like a handbag or just socks?  I just want to make sure that whatever I spent time and $ making, it'll be appreciated, used and hopefully even loved. I would hate to think my items ended up in the bottom of someone's closet, never to be worn.

Any suggestions? Is there certain things you would absolutely love to be given as a gift? I figure blankets are always appreciated, but I am not sure I want to crochet full sized blankets right now, especially considering my yarn collection is somewhat low right now.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 522
Char55 wrote
on Aug 5, 2014 9:31 AM

I've been crocheting almost 40 years and afghans are usually the gift I give...and the ones most requested.

For friends with pets, I make small afghans for the pets in their lives.  I made an afghan for my daughter and her dog kept wanting to hog it, so I made one for the dog...the dog loves to be covered up with it!  My cats each have their own, too. So if you are wanting to give something to someone with a cat or dog, and don't want to make a large afghan for the friend...make a small afghan for their pet. (It also keeps fur off the furniture)

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Kendra101 wrote
on Aug 6, 2014 1:51 AM

Wow, thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. Your pets are adorable! And I love the idea of pet afghans. I never would've thought of something so awesome. ;) I think I'll have to put one of those to use myself since my kitty loves to lay on my clothes (which I can be too lazy to put away sometimes), so she would really love an afghan all for herself.

Thank you so much for sharing your creative idea! :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 522
Char55 wrote
on Aug 6, 2014 9:19 AM

I came up with the idea because whenever I was crocheting an afghan my cats would climb into my lap to try to lay on it while I was crocheting...Had to make them their own so I could get my crocheting done. Wink

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS