The Official Veronica Shawl CAL

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
on Sep 15, 2014 4:36 PM

The Official Veronica Shawl CAL

Sept 12-18: Gather your Fall 2014 issue of Interweave Crochet, yarn, and hook. Review the pattern and swatch.

Sept 19-25: Rows 1-10

Sept 26 - Oct 2: Rows 11-25

Oct 3 - Oct 9: Rows 26-40, weave in ends and block. 

Oh how I do love shawls! The Veronica Shawl by Dora Ohrenstein is especially eye-catching with its nautilus shape and soothing mathematical pattern. Draping beautifully around the neck, the simple stitches in this shawl makes it a perfect travel project. 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
on Sep 16, 2014 11:25 AM

For my Veronica Shawl, I stuck with Manos del Uruguay Serena, but choosing a colorway was so hard! I really wanted something variegated for this project as the stitches are relatively simple. I finally went with Courtyard, a mix of yellows and pinks.

What type of yarn will you use? 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
on Sep 24, 2014 1:50 PM

A perfect travel project indeed! The row repeats are easy to memorize yet complicated enough to keep your mind busy.  I'm also very happy with my cheerful colorway choice :) 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
uticarose wrote
on Oct 8, 2014 10:46 PM

I am a little confused. On row 2 should the tr after the chain 5 go in the next dc or in the sc.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
uticarose wrote
on Oct 9, 2014 11:20 AM

Or is the* in the wrong place.  At closer inspection of your piece I can see that the chain 5 is over the sc on previous row.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
uticarose wrote
on Oct 9, 2014 11:23 AM

Or is the * in the wrong place.  I can see on closer inspection of your piece that the chain 5 is over the sc on the previous row?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
on Oct 9, 2014 11:27 AM

Hello! I'm looking at the sample right now (I don't have my project with me at the moment), and the tr after the chain 5 should go into the dc. So, you should be skipping that sc (I think that is what you were saying in the second comment, that the ch 5 goes over the sc). Looks like the instructions are correct, is it working for you now? 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
uticarose wrote
on Oct 9, 2014 1:03 PM

I can figure it out from the picture but I think the * should be in front of the chain 5, otherwise you have 4 tr 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS