Here is a quick recipe for tiny crochet flowers, that I used as buttons for my crochet cardigan.
3.75mm hook (US Size F)
Peaches & Creme Article 930 HC Ecru
Peaches & Cream Article 930 HC 133 Shaded Denim
Although this recipe can be used for any yarn and hook size
Approx. 1.5" diameter
Stitches and Techniques used:
* Make an adjustable ring.
* 9 Single Chains in the ring.
* Join with slip stitch to the first single chain.
* Chain 2 (counts as first double crochet) in the first single chain.
* double crochet in the same single chain.
* 2 double crochets each in each of the next 8 single chains. (Total 18 double crochets)
* Join with slip stitch with the first 2 chains that were counted as 1 double crochet.
* Cut yarn leaving enough to weave in.