At the start of the 2008 winter season I caught the cowl fever, but could not find one that suited my tastes; thus the Crosshatch Cowl was born.
It's a very simple pattern that was derived from a stitch pattern in 101 Crochet stitches (the book) by Interweave Press.
- 1 skein Malabrigo Merino Worsted
- 5mm (H) hook
- Tapestry needle
- Medium sized oblong/Oval button
21 st x 7 rows = 4(10 cm)”
- using the stitch design found in the pattern.
- Ch. 91 (this includes the turning chain)
Skip 2 ch (counts as first dc), 2 dc into next ch,
*skip 3 ch, 1 sc into next ch, ch 3, 1 dc into each of next 3 ch;
Repeat from * to last 4 ch, skip 3 ch, 1 sc into last ch, turn.
Ch 3 (counts as first dc), 2 dc into first sc,
*skip 3 dc, 1 sc into first of 3ch, ch3, 1 dc into next 2ch, 1 dc into next sc;
Repeat from * until last 3 stitches – then skip 2 dc, 1 sc into top of the turning ch, turn.
Rows 3 – end:
Repeat row 2.
(The cowl shown pictured was done in 10 rows).
- When you get to the last stitch of your final row, work the sc as usual, and then fasten off.
Copyright © 2008
All rights reserved.
Contact the author with questions about this notice.